Mrs. Ritter

Welcome to Adventures at Simmons Elementary!

My name is Lauren Ritter and I am the 3rd-5th Grade English Learner (EL) teacher here. This is my second year teaching in Woodford County.
liberty(2015 Summer in NYC)

Knowing that I work with your children on a daily basis, you would probably like to know a little bit more about me. I grew up visiting the beach every weekend in my hometown of Naples, Florida. I am an only child and didn’t move up this way until after graduate school. I graduated in 2010 with a Bachelor of Elementary Education from the University of Florida. (Go Gators!) In 2011 I graduated with my Master of Elementary Education with a specialization in English as a Second Language and Literacy.

gator(2010 Bachelors Graduation)

I got married in October 2014 to the man of my dreams, fairy tails do come true! We bought a house and now live in Georgetown, Kentucky.

wedding(October 4, 2014-Our Wedding Day)

gator(Everglades City, Florida Summer 2015)

Our most recent addition started as a foster and is now happily a member of the Ritter family. His name is Jasper Frank Ritter. Isn’t he cute?

jasper(Jasper playing in our backyard summer 2015)

My students and I love learning through technology, games and Kagan strategies.

I have had the pleasure of teaching students from eight different countries since my first year teaching.

Pictures say a thousand words.

Here are a few pictures of my students:

mini me

math

diverse

cooby

free read

I cannot wait to make even more memories with everyone here at Simmons. I look forward to working with our English Learners and their peers alike. Everyone has welcomed me with open arms and I hope to do the same. Please come see me anytime, my door is always open!

Parents and/or students if you ever have any questions, comments or just want to chat, please email me: lauren.ritter@woodford.kyschools.us

Tweet Me! @mrslaurenritter

My Schedule:

7:15-10:45 Monday-Friday Simmons Elementary

11:00-3:10 Monday-Friday Huntertown Elementary